Planning to conduct animal experiments at UZH?
Please consider the following:
- Education and training
- Discuss with your supervisor about your future role in the experiment: experimenter, (deputy) study director.
- Future resource manager? Please contact the UZH Animal Welfare Officers
- Check the legal requirements for your role
- Attend education and training courses
- Project planning
- Check the PREPARE guidelines
- Contact the UZH biostatistician for help
- Check guidance and forms needed
- Contact the UZH Animal Welfare Officers and the 3R coordinator in the planning phase of your project for consulting
- Contact the relevant animal facility and inform them of your plans; prepare all necessary material
- Writing the application for animal experiments
- Prepare draft of Form A and of all relevant attachments and send by e-mail to the UZH AWOs for review
- Revise the application according to the AWO‘s comments
- Enter the application in animex-ch and send it to the AWO
- Check animex-ch FAQs and user manual if you have technical issues. If you cannot solve them, contact the UZH AWOs/the FSVO animex-ch helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact the UZH AWOs for help in answering questions received from the authorities.
UZH/ETH platform for researchers performing animal experiments: Protocols, information and contact persons.
Here you find the login to the internal area.
If you need access to the UZH/ETH Sharepoint, please contact the animal welfare officers.